What is WapcamServer?
WapcamServer is a webcam server with many features for remote surveillance and publication for the web. It allows you to:
- connect in real time to the webcam connected to your PC
- protect the entrance with a password and two security types
- browse into html pages with you captures or live streams
- download files and directories protected with a password
- stream audio/video content
- send captures with a predifined frame rate on an external FTP site.
- detect movements and notify in case of by email or FTP with snapshots storage
WapcamServer is written in Java and works on Windows systems as well as Linux and others. However, in order to use the webcam and to integrate properly into the system, some native librairies are included within the distributions.
The crossplatform release contains only pure Java code, hence is not capable of driving the webcam.