wapcam.mobi Forum Index wapcam.mobi
The forum dedicated to the Wapcam Suite Application

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find my camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wapcam.mobi Forum Index -> About WapcamServer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dplong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Can't find my camera Reply with quote

I have a Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision on my Fedora 6 box. I installed Linux UVC from http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/. With Ekiga, I can see video from the camera. However, when I click on File | Detect Capture Devices in WepCamServer 1.4.1, this is the output I see on the console:

Quote:
JavaSound Capture Supported = true
JavaSoundAuto: Committed ok
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jmv4l in java.library.path
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

When I click on the Init button, I see this output:

Quote:
Initializing camera
dev sel:-1:null
dev sel:0:No device found !

I have a /dev/video which links to /dev/video0. Not sure if that's the camera, though.

Any ideas?

Paul
wapcamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul,
Welcome in here

I have investigated your problem and think have found what is going wrong.

The problem is path related:
at startup, the program tries to load ./lib/JPList.dat, which is a text file containing information about external plugins.
Although you don't need external plugins at this stage, loading this file is important to load the native librairies in the lib directory, such as libjmv4l.so and so on...

Now for an unknown reason, the path isn't set correctly and the program fails to load JPList.dat and the native libs.

What I suggest is you try to manually add both WapcamServer install dir as well as WapcamServer/lib in the Java path.

I'll try to write a quick fix as soon as I can (almost done actually) and let you know.
Thank you very much for reporting the problem.
wapcamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I found an easy workaround:
simply browse with konsole to you WapcamServer install dir
type
Code:
java -jar WapcamServer.jar

and it should be it.

The problem is that the "current directory" during runtime is the one from where you launch the application.
For example, if you launch from a shortcut in your desktop, the desktop will be the current dir and the program will try to locate /home/myuser/Desktop/lib/JPList.dat etc...

I have just tried it and it is working correctly.
I will take that problem into account for the next release, so that the current dir is the installation dir.

Please let me know if that solved the problem with you and if there isn't any other issue.
muggins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having similar problems to paul. i've got a logitech quickcam, also using /dev/video0. i tried the java -jar WapcamServer.jar trick, but still getting "no device found!".

one clue is that i'm getting this on commandline:

Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkErr                              or: no jmv4l in java.library.path
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.media.protoco                              l.v4l.V4LCapture

any ideas?

merci
muggins
wapcamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi muggins,

Yes I have an idea: Smile

It is a path related problem.

The solution seems to be as simple as:

Code:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$install_path/WapcamServer/lib/

But if it doesn't work, you can try to install JMF separatly from Sun, and write and run the script described in this topic.

Please let me know if this helps and how. I will make a FAQ entry out of it.
muggins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello wapcamer,

sorry about delay in posting back results. yes , adding a line to a startup script, with export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/WapcamServer/lib/ worked at getting the camera recognised.

now i'm getting a "could not connect to device"?
wapcamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=150037#150037

Quote:
Wapcamer: Do you have any program that uses the webcam at the same time? One can not access to a webcam with many programs, unless you use a webcam sharing soft, that is a program that creates multiple instances of a webcam from a single source.
Otherwise, the error may come from the webcam drivers or the JMF drivers, on which I don't really have control.
Can you try WapcamServer with another webcam to check that?

By the way, do you get some more detailed error log about the "could not connect to device" ?
As this a too much recurrent problem, I'll add some logs myself in the next release of WapcamServer.[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wapcam.mobi Forum Index -> About WapcamServer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: